Trichological and Medico-Legal experience
Terence J Roper, MIT (London), is a registered Expert Witness with the Law Society. He has been included in the Directory of Expert Witnesses since 1995. He has over 40 years' experience in preparing legal reports for plaintiffs in the area of personal injury and damage to the scalp and hair due to hairdressing/beauty treatments. He has over 40 years' experience with all modes of surgical hair transplantation techniques, hair extension processes and other modes of hair replacement.
If any legal advice is needed in this field, please get in touch with us.
Past legal work undertaken:
Average number of instructions since 1972 is 15 to 20 per year. He has experience of both civil and criminal cases with two court appearances as an expert witness in 1997.
He has also established his own Private Trichology Practice in 1969.
- Registered Member of the Institute of Trichologists Incorporated (London 1968)
- London City & Guilds Certificate 1967 in hairdressing, wig making and perfumery
Experience in the field of professional negligence cases due to the following procedures and specialist areas:
- Hairdressing accidents
- Hair extensions
- Hair transplants
- Hairdressing products
- Permanent colouring using para-dyes and tints
- Chemical relaxed processes usually carried out on Afro-Caribbean hair
- Personal injury cases
- Beauty treatment accidents